We are an established firm of accountants and business advisers, with offices located in Corby, Hitchin, Holbeach, Oundle, Peterborough, Spalding, Stamford and Wisbech. We offer accounts, audit, taxation and business advisory and support services to a wide range of businesses and individuals.
Our vision is to continue to grow by working as one team, utilising local connections and the depth of our organisation to meet the individual needs of clients through our quality people, practical advice and creative solutions. We are committed to investing in the development of our people across our network of offices and to providing opportunities for career development.
Office Support Assistant
The primary responsibility of the office support assistant will be to assist in the provision of our range of accountancy services to clients. This full time permanent role will be based at our Peterborough office and incorporates a mix of reception and administrative duties as a member of our Office Support Team.
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate for this position will be capable of undertaking the following duties:
- Production of standard letters and reports for presentation to clients and business contacts; mail merge processing for bulk circulation of information
- Client support tasks including Companies House Confirmation Statements (annual returns)
- Telephone switchboard – answer, screen and transfer calls; take and relay messages; provide general information to callers
- Visitor hospitality – greet and register clients and other visitors to the building
- General care of our suite of meeting rooms, conference facilities and communal office areas
- Other administrative tasks including filing (paper and electronic), post room duties, daily errands
Skills and experience required are as follows:
- Good verbal and written communication skills, information management, organisation and planning, attention to detail and initiative
- Adaptable, positive attitude with a friendly approachable disposition
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s (grade C or above) or equivalent including English, Maths and ICT
- Ability to work independently in a responsible role and achieve accurate results
- A valid Category B motor car driving license is an essential requirement for this role
What’s on offer?
A competitive salary and training package if appropriate; 20 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays) and access to our array of other employee benefits (see below).
Employee benefits include:
- Life insurance (cover provides a lump sum and dependents pension)
- Workplace pension scheme (with enhanced employer contributions*)
- Private medical insurance scheme*
- Holiday entitlement increment*
- Childcare voucher and other salary sacrifice based benefit schemes
* Eligibility is based upon length of service
Apply for any of our current vacancies or register your interest for any future opportunities with us