We are an established firm of accountants and business advisers, with offices located in Corby, Hitchin, Holbeach, Oundle, Peterborough, Spalding, Stamford and Wisbech. We offer accounts, audit, taxation and business advisory and support services to a wide range of businesses and individuals.
Our vision is to continue to grow by working as one team, utilising local connections and the depth of our organisation to meet the individual needs of clients through our quality people, practical advice and creative solutions. We are committed to investing in the development of our people across our network of offices and to providing opportunities for career development.
The primary responsibility of the accounting technician will be to assist in the provision of our range of accountancy services to clients. This full time permanent role will be based at our Spalding office.
The role will incorporate accounts preparation, bookkeeping, VAT and other tax compliance services for a wide range of clients under the supervision of senior colleagues.
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate for this position will be AAT qualified with working knowledge of an accountancy practice (minimum experience in practice of 2 years). More experienced candidates without this qualification will also be considered.
Skills and experience required are as follows:
- Solid experience in accounts preparation from a range of accounting records
- Experience in other areas (bookkeeping, VAT and other tax compliance)
- Proven ability both as an effective team player and working independently in a responsible role
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Adaptable, positive attitude with a friendly approachable disposition
- Strong IT skills including experience with accounting practice software and preferably also cloud-based bookkeeping
What’s on offer?
A competitive salary and training package if appropriate; 20 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays) and access to our array of other employee benefits (see below).
Employee benefits include:
- Life insurance (cover provides a lump sum and dependents pension)
- Workplace pension scheme (with enhanced employer contributions*)
- Private medical insurance scheme*
- Holiday entitlement increment*
- Childcare voucher and other salary sacrifice based benefit schemes
* Eligibility is based upon length of service
Apply for any of our current vacancies or register your interest for any future opportunities with us