We are an established firm of accountants and business advisers, with offices located in Baldock, Boston, Corby, Holbeach, Oundle, Peterborough, Spalding, Stamford and Wisbech. We offer accounts, audit, taxation and business advisory and support services to a wide range of businesses and individuals.
Our vision is to continue to grow by working as one team, utilising local connections and the depth of our organisation to meet the individual needs of clients through our quality people, practical advice and creative solutions. We are committed to investing in the development of our people across our network of offices and to providing opportunities for career development.
Apply for any of our current vacancies or register your interest for any future opportunities with us.
The primary responsibility of the AAT trainee will be to assist in the provision of our range of accountancy services to clients. This full-time apprenticeship role will be based at our Peterborough office.
The role will incorporate working under the supervision of senior colleagues on assignments such as accounts preparation, bookkeeping, VAT and other tax returns. Additional duties will include general office administration and support.
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic individual with an understanding of business and personal finance seeking to develop a career in accountancy. Eligibility to study for the Association of Accounting Technicians qualification is essential; candidates with previous progression or exemption to level 3 or 4 will also be considered.
Other skills and experience required are as follows:
- Proven ability both as an effective team player and working independently in a responsible role
- Aptitude for figure work with a logical approach
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Adaptable, positive attitude with a friendly approachable disposition
- Strong IT skills
What’s on offer?
A competitive salary and comprehensive fully funded training package; 20 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays) and access to our array of other employee benefits (see below).
Employee benefits include:
- Life insurance (cover provides a lump sum and dependents pension)
- Workplace pension scheme (with enhanced employer contributions*)
- Private medical insurance scheme*
- Holiday entitlement increment*
- Other salary sacrifice based benefit schemes (subject to availability)
* Eligibility is based upon length of service