We are an established firm of accountants and business advisers, with offices located in Baldock, Boston, Corby, Holbeach, Oundle, Peterborough, Spalding, Stamford and Wisbech. We offer accounts, audit, taxation and business advisory and support services to a wide range of businesses and individuals.
Our vision is to continue to grow by working as one team, utilising local connections and the depth of our organisation to meet the individual needs of clients through our quality people, practical advice and creative solutions. We are committed to investing in the development of our people across our network of offices and to providing opportunities for career development.
Bulley Davey has an excellent opportunity for a motivated payroll assistant to join its busy payroll team. The primary responsibility will be to assist in the provision of our range of outsourcing services to clients based at our Spalding office.
The role will suit someone looking for flexibility around work-life balance who wishes to work from home with occasional days spent in our Spalding, Holbeach and Wisbech offices. The role will incorporate a mix of payroll duties using a range of commonly used software packages for small to medium sized businesses. Applicants looking for full time (37.5 hours per week) or part time working hours will be considered.
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate for this position will be a pro-active and customer-focused team player with excellent communication skills capable of undertaking the following duties:
- Input and processing of information using payroll software such primarily Sage
- Verification of the completeness and accuracy of payroll outputs; investigate and resolve queries arising
- Produce payroll reports and other information in line with the requirements of each client and their business including HMRC submissions, workplace pensions compliance etc.
Skills and experience required are as follows:
- A minimum of 12 months’ work experience using Sage payroll or similar software
- Good verbal and written communication skills, information management, organisation and planning, attention to detail and initiative
- Adaptable, positive attitude with a friendly approachable disposition
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to work independently in a responsible role and achieve accurate results
What’s on offer?
A ‘Golden Hello’ is on offer, for direct applicants only, with a competitive salary and training package if appropriate; 20 days annual leave (FTE excluding bank holidays) and access to our array of other employee benefits (see below).
Employee benefits include:
- Life insurance (cover provides a lump sum and dependents pension)
- Workplace pension scheme (with enhanced employer contributions*)
- Private medical insurance scheme*
- Holiday entitlement increment*
- Other salary sacrifice based benefit schemes (subject to availability)
* Eligibility is based upon length of service
Apply for any of our current vacancies or register your interest for any future opportunities with us