Whether you are just starting up, looking to raise finance for expansion, or simply clarifying your objectives for the long term, a business plan is essential.
Business plans and financial projections
To be effective, the plan must be concise, professional and targeted. Bulley Davey’s Corporate Finance team can give you expert help to ensure that your business plan achieves results.
Your plan should include:
- A business description and mission statement
- A business strategy
- Management and key personnel profiles
- Sales and marketing objectives
- A SWOT analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats)
- An executive summary
Many business owners struggle with the production of accurate and realistic financial projections. Bulley Davey’s Corporate Finance team can put together a detailed, professional presentation of funding sources and produce cashflow and profit forecasts. Your plan will be comprehensive, but concise enough to maintain the interest of a potential investor.
The raising of finance – whether to start a new business or expand an existing one – requires careful planning and an in-depth knowledge of the various lending sources.
Bulley Davey has the expertise and the contacts to help you.
It is often advisable to consider a variety of finance sources, which may afford your business greater flexibility in the long term. We can help identify the most appropriate source, taking into account the costs and tax implications, together with the risk attached to any form of security or guarantee required by the lender. Options might include:
- Overdrafts, loans or mortgages
- Share issues (for a company) or personal injection of funds
- Assistance from a Government-backed scheme or regional authority
- Venture capital
A well-prepared proposal, backed up by a professionally prepared business plan and presented to a carefully chosen lending source will have a greater chance of success. Bulley Davey can help you with every aspect of raising finance.
Mergers & Acquisitions
If you are considering expanding your business through a merger or acquisition, professional advice and assistance is essential from a very early stage.
Bulley Davey’s Corporate Finance team can take you through the process, assisting with:
- Strategic planning to decide your preferred criteria for merger or acquisition
- Identifying suitable candidates
- Conducting feasibility studies
- Performing financial and operational due diligence
- Preparing accurate financial projections
- Identifying finance sources and preparing applications
- Assisting with negotiations
- Helping with post-acquisition integration
We can also help if you are considering disposing of a business – valuing the assets, preparing for sale and negotiating the sale.
Bulley Davey’s Corporate Finance team can provide professional advice on all aspects of business reorganisation, which may include:
- Group restructure and rationalisation
- Management restructure
- Exit & succession strategies
- Asset protection through restructure
- Strategic tax planning
MBOs are complicated transactions. As such it is essential that you contact Bulley Davey’s Corporate Finance team as early as possible.
We can work with you to:
- Assess the viability of the MBO – you will need a strong, committed management team
- Prepare a business plan – we can help create an effective, targeted plan with comprehensive financial projections
- Raise finance – we will help to identify potential sources of finance and make an effective application
- Negotiate the transaction – we will ensure that you get the optimum, tax-efficient deal
- Provide on-going strategic help – for a smooth transaction and ultimately a successful future for the business
If you are acquiring a business you need to appoint a firm to carry out a due diligence exercise to protect your investment. Bulley Davey can provide a reliable, efficient and professional service.
- Our experienced team are flexible and will tailor the service to your particular needs. Areas where we can help include:
- Pre-lending reviews for banks or other finance sources
- Acquisition feasibility studies
- Management buy-out or management buy-in reviews
- Raising external finance
Debt restructuring and negotiating with bankers
If you need to restructure your debt, for instance to improve your cashflow or to overcome a particular financial obstacle, we can help present your case and assist you with your negotiations. Bulley Davey is able to establish effective working relationships with bankers and other lenders on behalf of you and your business.
This firm is not authorised under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 but we are able in certain circumstances to offer a limited range of investment services to clients because we are members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.